As of July 15th 2015 support for Windows Server 2003 will cese to exist. Although many administrators are aware of this there is a worryingly large amount of users still relying on theirservers around the globe which can result in a last minute migration and ulitmately, many complications. If you are currently using a Windows 2003 Server and are reluctant to upgrade or migrate, here is a short list of important reasons to do so:
- Most hosting service providers will force you to migrate so they can keep up the support they promise in their SLA
- You may encounter security problems, stability issues and inconsistancies in functionality if you migrate last minute
- Your server can become more vulnerable as support will no longer be provided
- The 2003 Server is almost 10 years old and is therefore much more susceptable to problems if you do not migrate
- Increased down-time as a result of the above
- Planning ahead and creating a plan for migration will reduce the risk of application errors and will give your support providers time to resolve any issues
We strongly reccommend starting your migration/upgrade process as soon as possible to avoid complications. Call us on 01603 670582 or Request a Call Back to discuss your options and figure out the best plan for you.