It appears that this intial grant offering has evolved with currently a grant being released specifically for tourism/travel sector.
Please check here for current/accurate information:
This funding will be issued through regional growth hubs – which for Norfolk & Suffolk is – New Anglia Growth Hub who confirmed they will have full criteria for the grants in the next two-three weeks.
We would highly recommend preparing project and costings – as funding is allocated on a business case-case and is likely the funds will quickly be snapped up.
EasyPC is offering a FREE business COVID Technology Audit for any business in Norfolk or Suffolk who needs help or advice.
Key highlights from the Goverments press release:
- “Businesses will be able to use these new grants to pay for the expertise, equipment and technology they need to adapt, recover and rebuild.
- Small and medium-sized businesses in England can access grants between £1,000 – £5,000 for new equipment and technology and specialist advice
- Grants (£1,000 – £5,000) to help businesses access specialist professional advice such as HR, accountants, legal, financial, IT and digital, and to purchase minor equipment to adapt or adopt new technology in order to continue to deliver business activity or diversify.
How can we help?
Any businesses looking to adopt modern Cloud-based setup or looking to upgrade from existing in-house hardware or systems that would help the business recover and adapt to working post-COVID would be an ideal.
- Connectivity Upgrades
- Moving to faster internet connection or upgrading in-house connectivity or adapting it such as moving phones to VOIP platform or upgrade to Lease Line.
- Virtualisation – Migrating to the Cloud
- Using Microsoft AzureVM’s we can migrate existing in-house server and migrate all the running services onto an Azure Virtual Server. This allows us to set-up RemoteApp – meaning end user get a simple link to connect and use in-house software from any location
- Office 365 & AzureAD
- We often find companies are only using a fraction of the full Cloud functionality that Office 365 offers – using AzureAD & SharePoint we can modernise your companies setup again allowing secure access from any location with an internet connection
- We also an expert in email and data migration seamless moving current in-house data onto cloud platforms
- Video Conferencing & Microsoft Teams
- Staying in contact is important, we have been rolling out free teams licencing, helping clients source webcams and providing company training on the platform.
- We can also supply teams handsets and calling packages if you have an in-house phone system
- We can supply conference room hardware and AV equipment such as outdoor Public Address systems using IP rated speakers.
- Remote CCTV Systems
- With still a lot of people working from home, the office will be empty – so we have seen an increase in requests for HikVision CCTV products
Contact us for more information on Free Technology Unit and small business recovery coronavirus pandemic grants on 01603 670582.